Event Planner

The Event Planner Starter Kit provides everything you need to help you register your business and begin planning the perfect events - including both required and optional permits as well as a printable version of the Event Planner Guide.

What's Inside

Event Planner Guide

Event Planner - Related Documents

Event Planner - Permits

Employer Identification Number (EIN)
An EIN (also known as an Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or Federal Tax Identification Number) is issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and is needed for a business to pay employees and file business tax returns. An EIN does not expire and is unique to your business – once an EIN has been given to an entity, it will never be issued again.

REG-1: CT Tax Registration Form
In order to register your business with the State of Connecticut, you must complete the REG-1 Business Tax Registration Form. By filling out this form and the proper addendums, you can get your permit to sell tobacco products, fuel, etc.

Trade Name Registration Form
A trade name is any name used during the course of your business that doesn’t include the full legal name of all the owners of the business. In Stamford, must register your trade name through the Town Clerk’s office. More information can be found on the Create a Name page.

Sign Permit
Required for most business signs. Includes fabricated and hanging signs, as well as signs that have been painted directly on a building.

Application for Special Events
If you’d like to hold a special event in the City of Stamford (i.e. a concert, a carnival, etc.) you will need to fill out this application for special events, starting the process at least two months in advance.

Carnival/Circus Application
If the event you’re planning is a carnival or a circus, you can fill out the application using the above link to get your Carnival/Circus Permit.

Bazaar/Bingo/Raffle Applications
If the event you’re planning involves a raffle, bingo, or any other type of charitable solicitation game, you will need to fill out this application from the State of CT Department of Consumer Protection.

Temporary Food Service Application
If the event you’re planning will have a food booth to serve food, you will have to fill out this application with the Department of Health.

Application for Amusement Park Ride License
If the event you’re planning will have an amusement park ride, make sure you (or the amusement ride company) has their license.

Proof of Financial Responsibility for Amusements per Event
This form needs to be completed to show that you are responsible for any accidents or damages that occur due to amusements at your event.