Food and Beverage Manufacturer

Employer Identification Number (EIN)
An EIN (also known as an Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or Federal Tax Identification Number) is issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and is needed for a business to pay employees and file business tax returns. An EIN does not expire and is unique to your business – once an EIN has been given to an entity, it will never be issued again.

Trade Name Registration Form
A trade name is any name used during the course of your business that doesn’t include the full legal name of all the owners of the business. In Stamford, must register your trade name through the Town Clerk’s office. More information can be found on the Create a Name page.

REG-1: CT Tax Registration Form
In order to register your business with the State of Connecticut, you must complete the REG-1 Business Tax Registration Form. By filling out this form and the proper addendums, you can get your permit to sell tobacco products, fuel, etc.

Food Handler Inspection
The Stamford Health Department, Environmental
Health and Inspection Division issues this license to all food service establishments in the City of Stamford to ensure public health and the practice of proper food preparation methods by the establishment. Costs vary based upon restaurant seating.

Alcohol & Beverage Tax
Alcoholic beverage tax for wholesalers, manufacturers, farm winery, out-of-state shippers,
brewpubs and microbreweries.

Weights and Measures Licenses
The Weights and Measures program registers weighing or measuring devices to ensure consumer protection and rights. Applies to any business that will be using regulated weighing and measuring devices.

Sales and Use Tax Permit
Permit required in order to provide a service or sell/lease tangible property in the State of Connecticut. You can fill out this permit using the Taxpayer Service Center. Find out if your product/service is exempt from Sales and Use Tax by looking at the State's list of exemptions

CT Unemployment Tax Form UC-1A
All employers must register their employees with the Unemployment Insurance Tax Division using the UC-1A Employer Status Report form linked above. The Unemployment Insurance Tax Division is responsible for the funding needed to pay CT employees that have become unemployed through no fault of their own. To learn more about unemployment insurance, we encourage you to read the Employer’s Guide to Unemployment Compensation or check out the CT Department of Labor’s Unemployment Insurance Tax Information Center.

Building Permit
Permit required for any additions, alterations, or repairs to a building, and electrical wiring and plumbing installations.

Stamford, CT Sign Permit
Required for most business signs. Includes fabricated and hanging signs, as well as signs that have been painted directly on a building.

Qualified Food Operator Testing Organization Approval
To ensure testing organizations demonstrate responsibility for all aspects of the testing system from test development through test administration as required by PHC Sections 19-13-B42, 19-13-B48, and 19-13-B49.

Food Manufacturing License
If you plan on opening up a food manufactory then you will need to complete this permit.

Water & Non-Alcoholic Beverage Manufacturer
If you plan on opening up a water/non-alcoholic beverage
bottler, you will need to complete this permit.

Manufacturer Brew Pub/ Beer and Brew Pub Liquor Permit
If you plan to both brew and serve beer, you will need to complete this permit.

Manufacturer Liquor, Beer, Cider, and Apple Brandy Permit
If you plan to work solely as a liquor, beer, cider, or apple brandy manufacturer you will need to complete this permit.